Download [PDF] The Cabin at the End of the World [Movie Tie-in]: A Novel ePUB eBook



The Cabin at the End of the World [Movie Tie-in]: A Novel Online PDF eBook by Paul Tremblay


Read and Download The Cabin at the End of the World [Movie Tie-in]: A Novel Ebook Free Paul Tremblay - downloader - pdf, epub, kindle mobi... The Cabin at the End of the World [Movie Tie-in]: A Novel Download pdf... The Cabin at the End of the World [Movie Tie-in]: A Novel PDF Download Free Paul Tremblay Ebook English (PDF, EPUB, KINDLE)





Download book of The Cabin at the End of the World [Movie Tie-in]: A Novel


Paul Tremblay’s terrifying twist to the home invasion novel—inspiration for the upcoming major motion picture from Universal Pictures“Tremblay’s personal best. It’s that good.” — Stephen KingSeven-year-old Wen and her parents, Eric and Andrew, are vacationing at a remote cabin on a quiet New Hampshire lake. Their closest neighbors are more than two miles in either direction along a rutted dirt road.One afternoon, as Wen catches grasshoppers in the front yard, a stranger unexpectedly appears in the driveway. Leonard is the largest man Wen has ever seen, but he is young, friendly, and he wins her over almost instantly. Leonard and Wen talk and play until Leonard abruptly apologizes and tells Wen, “None of what’s going to happen is your fault.” Three more strangers then arrive at the cabin carrying unidentifiable, menacing objects. As Wen sprints inside to warn her parents, Leonard calls out: “Your dads won’t want to let us in, Wen. But they have to. We need your help to save the world.”Thus begins an unbearably tense, gripping tale of paranoia, sacrifice, apocalypse, and survival that escalates to a shattering conclusion, one in which the fate of a loving family and quite possibly all of humanity are entwined. The Cabin at the End of the World is a masterpiece of terror and suspense from the fantastically fertile imagination of Paul Tremblay.

Details of the book :


Author : Paul Tremblay
★★★★☆ 3.8 from 5 stars (4027 Reviews)
Langue : English
ISBN-10 : 0063251809
File size: 15 MB

Support format : PDF, EPUB, Kindle, Audio HTML, RTF, TXT, MOBI.
Compatible device : Android, Apple, iPad, iPhone, PC, and Amazon Kindle.


In this review, I will attempt to humbly share a bit of my own thoughts and insights into The Cabin at the End of the World: A Novel by Paul Tremblay. I say this because many great writers, some who are world renowned such as Stephen King, gave absolutely astonishing reviews that do this literary work far more justice than I could ever provide. I have seen several reviews here on Amazon by other customers and sadly their reviews were not nearly as positive, but I believe I know why! One reader in particular said that they were “hooked on the first 80% or so of the book, but it was as if the author was unsure how to write the ending.” I’m paraphrasing, by the way, but I can assure you that is most definitely not the case! If you “don’t get” the last few pages, I would urge you to read them again, but this time reading them far more carefully to prevent missing the point. I will admit that I missed the point myself, initially thinking that this book concluded with a “weak ending” and would arrive at a solid four stars for it. I read the last few pages over again and also read the author’s notes at the back of the book. Those notes are vital to understanding the work as they opened up a whole world of hidden secrets that would otherwise be very hard to spot. I picked up on a few, but for every one I would pick up on, another two would go completely over my head. I appreciated this deep, thought provoking and intellectual writing style as it’s crisp and different from the usual canned ‘alphabet soup’ and literary tropes that find its way into every book of similar genre.So, what if you read the book in it’s entirety and find that there’s a tremendous question left unanswered?! If I told you that the answer to that question didn’t matter, would you believe me? The author’s notes said just that, without trying to provide a spoiler here, I will only say that whether the message of the “others” is true or false is not nearly as important as the underlying choice that’s required of our main characters, the broken Eric and the far more cynical Andrew. For anyone who’s read the book and would enjoy knowing why I left Wen (their young daughter) out is simply because there was never the question if they would “choose” her. That option was clearly never on the table. Other than in the introduction, the entire book revolves around their choice, and that choice revolves around the greatest sacrifice of all — love — is your love so powerful that it’s literally more important than everything else in the known universe?! Experiencing true love and ‘taking the easy road’ seem more mutually exclusive the more you think about it! That’s what it all boils down to, the family dynamic, and their own world within an even bigger world. The questions that affect our family and those outside forces that shatter it should be far more important to us than it’s screwed up macroscopic counterpart.I should add that the literary devices used by the author were anything, but ordinary. A combination of first, second, or third person language was used throughout the book in order to better captivate the reader. It worked! By the end of the book, a “first person plural” was used to better facilitate the reader as if they were Eric and Andrew coming down to the moment that will change everything forever, but regardless of whether it would have any outside effect is not the concern, not in their ‘here and now.’ Their lives have been shaken upside down in some horrible and traumatic ways, however they just can’t escape “the question!”The world will always be screwed up. The world may be here tomorrow or it may not. We have zero control over those things, though it’s nice to pretend we do, the fact remains that only a handful of people control the fate of our entire world! At one point in the book, they made it a point to mention that nearly everything spewing out of cable news is “bad news!” I totally agree and have been saying for years that each news station puts its own spin on the “news” to make it an entertainment show, not a legitimate news show, hell, it’s been 40+ years since we’ve had any semblance of real news on the airwaves! The reality is that such “news” doesn’t really have much of an impact on our daily lives, however 99% of what does have a major effect is dictated by those closest to us! All we could, and should want, is for those closest to us to be safe, healthy, loved… That’s what should really matter instead of a chance possibility in some far off land as told by an overpaid TV broadcaster! We need to worry about our loved ones primarily as those are the people who life goes on with. The thing this story teaches us to remember is that horrible things may happen, but:“We will go on.”After pondering that, this book is undoubtedly a 5/5 star read that I would urge anybody on the fence to just pickup and read! One warning, once you start, it will be VERY difficult to put this book down. On many levels, it is, simply, that good! The Cabin at the End of the World [Movie Tie-in]: A Novel Online PDF eBook gratuit A friend recommended I read "Cabin at the End of the World" after sharing the story was made into the M. Night Shyamalan movie, "Knock at the Cabin." Since I've only seen the trailer, I figured I'd give the book a read based on what I saw.To further sell me on reading this book, I noticed Stephen King praised the book stating it was Tremblay's best work. Having known that now, I've gotta admit, I probably won't read anymore of Tremblay's work. This book had a solid story at its core, but some of the execution was a little weird and sometimes confusing.Here's a brief synopsis and I'll give you the pros and cons of "Cabin..."A family consisting of two fathers, Eric and Andrew, go with their adopted daughter to a remote cabin in the middle of the woods. Away from any internet or phone signals, but still having satellite cable for TV. The family gets a visit from four sinister people who invade the cabin, tie up the couple, and force them to make a difficult decision based on their crazed conspiracy - one person in the family must die to stop the apocalypse. If the family doesn't voluntarily choose to one of its own to kill in time, something bad descends on the world, each with escalating repercussions.I cannot express enough how intriguing this story is. I'm not disappointed in the book and don't regret having read it all. I'm just left scratching my head on a few areas.ProsThe characters were fun and come to life. You begin to fully understand all their motivations and how the invaders don't view themselves as bad, rather as messengers sent to prevent the end of the world...or at least according to them. That's why I enjoyed Andrew the most in the story. He stays grounded the whole episode, and says exactly what I'd say if presented the scenario.The antagonist, Leonard, was the most fun to follow. As the lead invader, he is self-aware enough to know he's doing something wrong and might be misunderstood, but he's stuck being a messenger from some higher power that implanted these thoughts in his head. You see him be sensibly crazy. Where all hell breaks loose, Leonard maintains his cool.Cons:Please, can someone get Tremblay a copyeditor??? Please! The over-hyphenation is brutal! BRUTAL! Yeah, I had to do all caps for how he abuses the hyphen. Someone please break that man's hyphen key. I'll pay a shiny nickel for it.For example:...She turns and flashes a friendly, I'm-on-your-side smile...Really? You couldn't just keep it simple with "flashes a friendly smile"? He's saying too much when all he has to say is very little.Oh, but wait, that's not the only example. I screenshot them.Example 2:...seeds spilled and spread over the black-as-potting-soil trunk...Why? Just why? Just call it something basic, the oddly specific adjective is unnecessary.Example 3:...the we're-on-to-you kind his better students...Just stop. Okay. Stop. haha There are easily dozens of weird hyphenations.The next thing is the point-of-view changes sometimes. Usually it's okay, but then there are a few passages where it goes into the weeds. Like one of the last chapters, it was written in 1st person plural in present tense.Another instance, one of the invaders goes into this REALLY weird monologue that makes NO sense why anyone would stop and listen to her at this point. The hostages already had enough then and had the ability to either shut her up or leave yet they stood there and listened??? Not to mention, her monologue is in past tense whereas the entire book is written in present tense. And, since she's speaking you're bounced between her speaking in the present while talking about the past. Confused yet? Yep, that chapter was a gem.And, then there was one chapter early into the book where the author must've copied and pasted his outline. All it did was tell me what the characters were kind of saying to each other and some actions. Dude...why? Why did you phone it in here? Just have the characters say it and add action beats to piece it altogether. That part of the book was THE worst.Overall, it was a good read with an amazing story at its core. But, with Stephen King's praise, I'm lead to believe the other work isn't as strong as this one. So, I'll probably pass on other work by Tremblay. He needs to get a better editor or listen to his editor better. One of the two. Because I've read better self-published books that were self-edited. Bad editing is inexcusable for any book, much less a book published by a major traditional publishing company. The hyphens and wide brush strokes were just wrong. Period.I'd recommend reading it if you're up for a book with a great story and decent tension. Just temper your expectations and brace for what I shared. Oh, and fair warning, it does get fairly graphic at a few points. PDF The Cabin at the End of the World [Movie Tie-in]: A Novel pdf epub ePUB The Cabin at the End of the World [Movie Tie-in]: A Novel scarica ebook online Download PDF The Cabin at the End of the World [Movie Tie-in]: A Novel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[PDF] Downloads Burner (Random House Large Print) eBook Kindle

Download PDF My Phony Valentine (Holidays With Hart) ePUB eBook